KURIO TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. It is Lacey’s company policy that we shall not give out a new product to any customers, without first investigating the matter further.
2. Lacey’s shall not be held liable for misuse of the item, negligence, abuse, accident, dirt, exposure to weather conditions, theft, blown fuse, improper use of any electrical source or other external causes; is damaged by service performed by anyone who is not authorized by Lacey’s to provide service; has had any identifying marks or numbers altered, defaced, removed, damaged or made illegible; defects or damage resulting from accident, misuse, abnormal use, abnormal conditions, improper storage, exposure to liquid, moisture, dampness, sand or dirt, neglect, or unusual physical, electrical or electromechanical stress; scratches, dents and cosmetic damage, unless caused by manufacturer; defects or damage resulting from excessive force or use of a metallic object when pressing on the touch screen; ordinary wear and tear; defects or damage resulting from the use of product in conjunction or connection with accessories, products, or ancillary/peripheral equipment not furnished or approved by manufacturer; defects or damage resulting from improper testing, operation, maintenance, installation, service, or adjustment not furnished or approved by manufacturer; defects or damage resulting from cellular signal reception or transmission, or viruses or other software problems introduced into the product; applies only to hardware product and Kurio interface with manufacturer trademark, does not apply to any third-party hardware product or software, even if packaged or sold with our tablet; or to a product or part that has been modified to alter functionality or capability without the written permission of manufacturer.
3. The Kurio protective bumper, also known as the ‘drop-safe bumper,’ is only intended to make the product more resistant to damage due to falls, bumps or other impact damages and is not warrantied to prevent damage. Please keep in mind that Kurio, like any other electronic device, is fragile and, despite the presence of a protective or drop-safe bumper, can break or be damaged if it is subject to any kind of force like dropping, banging, or being hit by other things. Accordingly, the Kurio requires proper care and use, and supervision of children’s usage, and no bumper can prevent all damage.
4. Lacey’s hereby disclaims, and states it assumes no liability, whatsoever, and makes no warranty of any kind, whatsoever, express or implied, with respect to Kurio products use in connection with your computer, peripherals, the internet or any other on-line site, as well as any damage, alteration or impact of any kind to your person or your computer, printer, computer peripherals or computer components or any contents, programs, data or information thereon that may result from your installation, use or interaction with any computer, computer peripherals, or hardware or software associated therewith.
5. Lacey’s only covers batteries if the capacity falls below 80% of rated capacity or the battery leaks and this does not apply if (i) the battery has been charged by any chargers not approved by the manufacturer, (ii) any of the seals of the battery are broken, show evidence of tampering, water damage or other neglect or abuse; or, (iii) the battery has been used in equipment other than the tablet for which it is specified.
6. Limitations of liability Lacey’s shall not have any liability or obligation to any purchaser or user of Kurio, either in contract or in tort, for actual, direct, punitive, exemplary, special, consequential, or indirect damages or any kind, including, but not limited to, claims or damages for personal injury, damages to property of any kind, loss of profits, loss of data, loss of use or interruption of use of your computer system or peripherals, or any software thereon or hardware therein or any business conducted thereon or for the reconstruction or recovery of any lost data or software or economic losses of any kind incurred by you or any other party directly or indirectly resulting from or related to any use of the Kurio product whether or not caused by the negligence of Lacey’s interactive, to the fullest extent the same may be disclaimed by law.
RETAILERS & CONSUMERS
KURIO REPAIRS PROCEDURE:
1. All Kurio Device repairs will be managed by Console Service Centre directly.
2. All devices can be handed in for repairs by one of the below mentioned options:
2.1. Customers can book their devices in at any ToysRus or Reggies branch in South Africa. All the branches contain Console Service Centre repair books to book in their repairs, Console Service Centre will need proof of purchase to be sent with the device. If the customer doesn't go ahead with a repair quoted on there will be a charge of R150.00 for the collection and delivery back to the branch again.
2.2. PostNet to PostNet, customers can book their device in at any of the 300 PostNet branches in South Africa and send it to Console Service PostNet and Console Service Centre will collect the parcel from there. With this option the customer will pay to get the device to Console Service Centre at the PostNet branch. Console Service Centre will then send it back to the customers PostNet and pay for the delivery back as long as the customers accept the quotation and go ahead with the repair. A charge of R99.00 will be charged to get the console back to the PostNet branch where the customer booked it in, if the customer doesn't go ahead with the repair.
2.3. Collection and delivery from the customer directly with Console Service Centre and back again. Console Service Centre use the courier company to collect directly and deliver directly to the customer’s home or work address, as long as the customer is willing to package the device correctly to make sure it doesn't get damaged. If the customer doesn't go ahead with a repair quoted on there will be a charge of R150.00 for the collection and delivery back to the customer again.
2.4. With all the above options Console Service Centre will deliver the device back to the same collection point unless otherwise specified on email by the customer.
3. Console Service Centre will carry a guarantee on workmanship as below:
3.1. All workmanship will be guaranteed for 3 months, this is along as there is no user damage to the device that would have caused damage to the work Console Service Centre did on the device.
3.2. A letter will be sent with all repaired devices, explaining the 3 month workmanship guarantee on the repair done to the device
4. The turnaround times on repairs will be approximately 14 – 21 days from date of collection in all National regions.
5. Factory faults and flaws will be under the discretion of Lacey’s. Should Console Service Centre receive a device and find the device to be faulty, Console Service Centre will contact Lacey’s and instructions will be given as to whether the tablet will be repaired under warranty or whether a new device will be despatched to Console Service Centre as a replacement.
6. Customer service when the tablet has been received by Console Service Centre and throughout the repair will be handled as per below:
6.1. As soon as a device is received by Console Service Centre the customer is notified that Console Service Centre have the repair and that they will quote the customers shortly or that it will be repaired and sent back to the collection point as soon as possible if it's under warranty.
6.2. Once Console Service Centre send a quote out the customer can accept the quote via an online link and they then send them the invoice with Console Service Centre banking details.
6.3. As soon as the payment has been received by Console Service Centre the customer’s device will go into the queue to be repaired and the customer will also receive an email stating that the payment has been received.
6.4. Once the device has been repaired and has been packaged Console Service Centre will notify the customer again letting them know their device will be going out for delivery.
6.5. As soon as the device has then been delivered and is ready for collection the customer then gets another email letting them know their device is ready for collection. 6.6. There will also be a series after the above points to the customer to check if they have collected their device and if they are happy everything is working properly.
OUT OF BOX FAILURE (OBF):
1. The device is subject to evaluation by Console Service Centre before it will be deemed an Out of Box Failure (OBF).
2. The device must not have any physical damage or liquid damage.
3. Any device returned as an OBF must be packaged in the original box with all the original accessories including manuals.
4. The Proof of Payment (POP) must accompany the device.
5. The customer has to return the device within 7 days to the point of purchase and the device must be booked on the OBF System with Console Service Centre within 48 hours from the date the customer returned the device.
6. The device will be collected by Console Service Centre and well be sent for an evaluation, and on that a decision will be taken as to whether or not the device will be replaced or repaired.
7. Liquid damaged devices will be rejected.
8. All OBF’s will be undertaken in compliance with manufacturer rules.
9. If any components/accessories are missing or the OBF criteria is not met on inspection of the OBF by Console Service Centre, the Customer/Store will be held liable.
10. The assessment and repair/exchange period is 21 days from the time Console Service Centre receives the device, if the evaluation comes back confirming that the damage is indeed a factory fault, the device will be repaired/replaced. If the evaluation comes back confirming that the damage is due to user negligence, the device will then go through the normal repair procedure.